Frequently Asked Questions
What is it?
Pepa Loba, Caja Externa de Planificación Antisistema y Lucha Base Anticapitalista (External Box for Anti-Establishment Planning and Anti-Capitalist Base Struggle) is an independent financing tool that arises under ECOAR)))’s framework for:
- covering the financial needs for the development of campaigns, initiatives, projects, and actions, both in the alternatives and social response fields.
- facing sanctions and remaining costs derived from the system’s repression and punishment mechanisms.
- taking action with solidarity with individuals and collectives that do not have the necessary means of finance as well as dissemination, in order to carry out campaigns to cover those fields by themselves.
What does it seek?
- To collaborate, boost, and develop initiatives, projects, actions, and campaigns based on its ideological principles.
- To generate a fund with the remaining money in order to help initiatives, projects, and actions to develop both in the alternative and social response fields.
- To boost the development of those initiatives, projects and actions linked with Anti-capitalist social response and/or those that generate, suggest or build alternatives to the capitalist system.
What are its principles?
Pepa Loba is a structure guided by the following ideological principles:
- RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION
- DEFENSE OF PUBLIC SERVICES
- DEFENSE OF HUMAN RIGHTS (ESCR)
- SOCIAL AND SECULAR STATE
- HORIZONTALIZATION OF SOCIETY
- NON VIOLENCE
Why the name of Pepa Loba?
Pepa Loba was a Galician bandit of the 19th century. Her legend is based on the character of the generous bandit, just like Robin Hood, representing justice and freedom. A woman who does not yield to anything or anyone, and who proves to be implacable with the unrighteous, and generous with the weak.
What legal form does Pepa Loba have?
Pepa Loba is a non-profit association, as established by Organic Law 1/2002 of the Spanish State, dated March 22, regulating the right of association.
Who is behind Pepa Loba?
Pepa Loba is an independent association that is born under the umbrella of ECOAR))) and is formed entirely by activists of diverse nature and origin. It is also a non-profit association that does not have any paid person within its structure.
Can advertising be inserted in Pepa Loba?
No. Pepa Loba, as a financing tool, also serves as a space for reporting and disseminating projects, campaigns, initiatives and concrete actions where it participates, collaborates or (co) organizes, but in no way will it admit any type of publicity.